My favorite time of the year is when I open that new note on my iPhone and make my summertime bucket list! The theme of Summer 2013 is ‘Do more of what makes you happy’ (yes, I theme my summers) and I intend on living this one to the fullest. The Solstice isn’t even until June 21st, but summer mode has already been engaged for me. Here is stage one of the Summer 2013 bucket list:
- Road trip to Santa Barbara to see Blythe & stop at 10 of the 425 Wineries along the way. I love Roadtrippers. It lets you plan your road trip and find tons of fun stuff to do along the way!
- Run a 5K. This is a rollover from Summer 2012, but this year I am doing it! My room mate & I are running the Sound Orthodontics Alki Beach 5K to benefit women newly diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Go paddle boarding, a lot. This was one of my favorite things to do in Maui, and there is no reason not to do it here!
- Learn how to play two songs on the guitar
- Go to the Farmers Market. I have a serious obsession with Farmers markets and in the past, I have had to stay away from them due to my acquire a ridiculous amount of homemade soaps and candles. Recovery over, bring it on Ballard Farmers Market.
- Go to more shows. Marymoor Park has an unbelievable summer lineup, and its conveniently located right next to my office! Check out their summer schedule here. You will find me dancing in the grass.
- Redecorate! As a realistic Seattle resident, I know I am going to have to spend sometime indoors. Time for crafts, shopping and redecorating until 3am!
- READ. I am in a downward spiral of reading trashy books, but this summer I am going to get my classics on and read The Essays of Ralph Waldo Emerson. I downloaded it on my iPad 4 months ago. It’s time.
I think I can tackle that. Stay tuned for phase 2! Sunshine & somersaults.